Recently I have been working on increasing my gut health, concentrating on healing “leaky gut” in specific.
I have been experimenting with various vitamins and minerals, after reading The Wahl’s Protocol and consulting with a Functional Doctor.
In combination with some digestive enzymes, probiotics, Vitamin D3 with K, magnesium and fish oil, that I regularly take – I wanted to add B and C vitamins, iron (because blood tests indicated I was quite low), and zinc in specific – along with a nice variety of standard vitamins you would find in a great multi-vitamin.
However I am not a fan of synthetic vitamins and was on the look out for an organic whole food option to easily add in these vitamins and minerals on a daily basis.
“All Disease Begins in the Gut.”
I came across this line of whole food vitamin powder while shopping – called “Pranin” – which seemed to encompass all of the items on my checklist and more!
So, I ordered the “Moms A-Z” package online. It came with a container of B vitamin powder, C vitamin powder and Iron powder, as well as the “multivitamin powder” and I have currently been trying it for a month now (They also sell a regular A-Z powder, unspecific to “Moms”).
So far, energy is up, brain fog is down, hunger is kept at bay, and I just feel all around great!
I put together this “juice” recipe after experimenting with a few different ways of using the Pranin Powder – and I love it because it has more of a juice consistency. I’m not a big fan of thick, creamy green smoothies – Yuck!
This recipe has a nice balance between being sweet and spicy with a nice helping of greens.
It’s Just Uncommon Sense
Nutrient Dense - Ginger Lime Vitamix Green Juice
This "Juice" is chalked full of vitamins, minerals and taste - providing a powerhouse of energy. Using the "Pranin" line of whole food vitamin powder and a few other simple ingredients it's also easy and quick to make and is a great way to start the day!
- 1 tsp Fresh Ginger (or to taste.. sometimes I double it)
- 1/2 Lime Freshly Squeezed
- 2 cups Power Greens or Spinach
- 1/2 cup Add to your taste preference either: plums, apricots, peaches, blueberries or Strawberries
- 1.5 cup Ice cubes
- 3 cup Water
- 1 heaping tsp Pranin Vitamin powder
- 1 scoop Each of Pranin Vitamin B, C and Iron
1. Throw all ingredients into a Vitamix and blend until smooth!
2. In your serving cup - Blend the Pranin Powder with a battery operator whisk and 1/2 of the water, until smooth. Mix rest of ingredients in the Vitamix and Combine.
© 2017, Uncommonsensemom. All rights reserved.